Sealed by God
It’s hard to fully
grasp the idea of being “sealed”. We don’t use seals the way people did in the
ancient world. But in Paul’s day, a seal meant something very clear: authority,
ownership, and security.
If a king sealed
something, it carried his full weight behind it. You didn’t tamper with it
unless you were ready to answer to him. That’s the picture Paul is using when
he says believers are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
This means your
relationship with God isn’t fragile in the way we sometimes imagine. It doesn’t
rest on your ability to hold everything together. It rests on God placing His
mark on you.
That seal says you
belong to Him. It says you are under His protection. It says the work of
salvation has been fully paid for through Christ. And it says God is committed
to bringing you all the way to the end.
There are days when
you may not feel secure. Days when your own failures seem louder than anything
else. But the seal of the Spirit isn’t based on your performance. It’s based on
God’s promise.
The Spirit Himself
testifies that you are God’s child. That inner witness is a confirmation of the
promise of Scripture. God places His Spirit within you as living proof.
Scripture:
Romans 8:16 - “The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.”
Application:
Prayer:
Lord, I struggle at times to feel secure in my relationship with You. Thank You for sealing me with Your Spirit. Help me trust what You have said more than what I feel. Remind me that I belong to You.
Romans 8:16 - “The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.”
- When you feel uncertain about your standing with God, go back to what Scripture says rather than what you feel.
- Remind yourself out loud: “I belong to God.”
- Thank God specifically for making you His.
Lord, I struggle at times to feel secure in my relationship with You. Thank You for sealing me with Your Spirit. Help me trust what You have said more than what I feel. Remind me that I belong to You.
Comments
Post a Comment