Learning to Yield
At some point, all of
this comes down to one word: yield.
You can know the
truth about the Holy Spirit. You can understand that He is present, that He has
sealed you, that He guarantees your future. But if you keep holding onto
control, you won’t experience much of what that means in daily life.
Yielding isn’t about
giving up your personality or becoming passive. It’s about trust. It’s choosing
to let God lead instead of insisting on your own way.
That shows up in small, ordinary moments. When you’re frustrated and feel the nudge to respond with patience. When you’re anxious and sense the call to trust.
Yielding is rarely
dramatic. It’s often quiet and steady. A series of choices to listen and
follow. And here’s the
encouragement: you’re not yielding to something uncertain. The Spirit in you is
the same Spirit who sealed you, who guarantees your inheritance, who is
bringing you toward full redemption. You can trust Him.
Scripture:
Ephesians 4:30 - “Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”
Application:
Prayer:
Father, I know there are areas where I’ve held back. Help me to yield to You. Teach me to trust Your Spirit’s leading, even when it’s difficult. I want my life to reflect Your work in me, not just my own effort.
That shows up in small, ordinary moments. When you’re frustrated and feel the nudge to respond with patience. When you’re anxious and sense the call to trust.
Ephesians 4:30 - “Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”
- Identify one area where you’ve been resisting God’s leading.
- Surrender that area in prayer.
- Take one concrete step today that reflects trust in Him.
Father, I know there are areas where I’ve held back. Help me to yield to You. Teach me to trust Your Spirit’s leading, even when it’s difficult. I want my life to reflect Your work in me, not just my own effort.
Comments
Post a Comment