Guarantee of What's Coming
We’re used to the
idea of deposits and down payments. You put something down as a guarantee that
the rest is coming. That’s the language Paul uses when he calls the Holy Spirit
a “pledge.”
That changes how you
see your present life. The Spirit’s work in you isn’t random or temporary. It’s
a preview. Every time you sense conviction, that’s part of God shaping you.
Every time you experience peace that doesn’t quite make sense, that’s a glimpse
of what’s ahead. Every time you feel drawn to worship or stirred by truth,
that’s not just emotion, it’s evidence of something real.
Think about it this
way: you haven’t seen Christ face to face yet. You haven’t experienced the
fullness of what God has prepared. But you’re not left guessing. The Spirit is
God’s way of saying, “What I’ve promised is real, and I’ve already started
giving it to you.”
That doesn’t mean
life feels complete. It doesn’t. There’s still struggle, still weakness, still
waiting. But the presence of the Spirit means this isn’t all there is.
Something greater is coming, and it’s certain.
Scripture:
2 Corinthians 5:5 - Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
Application:
Prayer:
God, thank You for giving me Your Spirit as a promise of what’s to come. When I grow tired or discouraged, help me remember that You are not finished. Let the work You’re doing in me now point me toward the hope I have in You.
2 Corinthians 5:5 - Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
- Reflect on a moment when you clearly sensed God at work in your life.
- Thank Him for that as a reminder of what’s ahead.
- When you feel discouraged, remind yourself: “This is not the end of the story.”
God, thank You for giving me Your Spirit as a promise of what’s to come. When I grow tired or discouraged, help me remember that You are not finished. Let the work You’re doing in me now point me toward the hope I have in You.
Comments
Post a Comment